Top 10 reasons to go skiing?
1. Get a break from your everyday life. The gorgeous frozen sight of snow covered mountain peeks calms and soothes our bodies and souls and releases us from our permanent atmosphere of stress.
2. Snow sports (skiing, snowboarding, etc.) can be enjoyed by the whole family and are suitable for all ages! Unlike other sports, winter sports allow you to spend time with your children and share the same fun and good times!
3. Most people look better in a ski suit than a swim suit. You can hide you fat rolls in a pair of very fashionable ski trousers, whereas it’s hard to hide anything in a designer bikini.
4. Skiing takes you to new heights. Newly introduced high-speed and heated chairlifts not only offers an amazing bird’s eye view of the breathtaking mountain landscapes but also takes you to the highest summits in no time at all – and no hiking!
5. Skiing is a tremendous calorie burner! Its great physical activity, consuming up to 700 calories an hour – that really beats an early morning run on the busy roads or muddy forest tracks.
6. Skiing is a lifetime sport. Graham Bell, Alberto Tomba, Luke Alphand, Klaus Obermeyer, Penny Pitou, Stein Erickson – all great ski athletes that have been doing what they love best for over six decades!
7. Skiing is a great sport to meet people, particularly the opposite sex. Name another activity that allows you to shout “Single” in the line and potentially find a match.
8. Skiing has no speed limits, only endless possibilities for travel and exploration from lazy downhill tracks though a frozen pine forest to challenging black runs and untouched fields of white pristine powder.
9. A return to childhood: skiing holidays are a break from a hectic schedule. In the mountains you can forget the responsibilities and stress of the job by simply launching yourself downhill on a sledge with friends or having a snowball fight with your kids…
10. And last but not least… You can’t après ski until you have skied…